Friday, August 14, 2015

DragonCon 2015: The Scholar, the Sphinx, Heroines in YA Lit and Terry Pratchett!

I am thrilled to announce that I'll be on two panels at DragonCon this year, and I hope if you plan to attend on Friday, Sept. 4, you'll stop by one of them to see what's happening!

Friday, Sept. 4 at 1:00 p.m.* (Marriott A707):
"The Heroine's Journey" - We'll discuss female heroines in YA literature, what makes their journeys different from male heroes, or how they're similar.
http://yalit.dragoncon.org/

Friday, Sept. 4 at 5:30 p.m.* in the Sheraton (Macon room):
"Terry Pratchett: In Memorium" - A panel to honor the memory of fantasy novelist Terry Pratchett, and discuss how he impacted the genre and fellow fantasy authors.
http://british.dragoncon.org/

*Times and rooms subject to change. Stay tuned for updates!

10 comments:

  1. Hey Alison.

    I think we missed you at DragonCon. Did you find the DragonWriters table?

    ....Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tom,
      Sadly, I only went for the one day on Friday because both my panels were that day, and it was so non-stop between those and doing some "research" in the Comic Art Alley that I didn't have a chance to find the DW table...where was it, the AmericasMart? I don't even remember (I'm sorry). I saw some of the pictures over the weekend, it looks like you all were keeping very busy too. I originally thought I might come back for Saturday but I was so exhausted I didn't. Maybe next year, hopefully we can have an official Dragon Writers' Table for 2016!

      Delete
  2. It was the table with all the people crowded around it all four days. Where Margaret Weis, Larry Elmore and several game makers and movie producers hovered about watching and waiting to play Beat the Barbarian and trying to get me to tweet them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was the table with all the people crowded around it all four days. Where Margaret Weis, Larry Elmore and several game makers and movie producers hovered about watching and waiting to play Beat the Barbarian and trying to get me to tweet them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi M.R.,
      I'm sorry I missed you guys, it looked like an awesome table from the pics I saw on FB. I actually ran into Margaret Weis for half a second going between panels, she was very nice. I'm hoping next year I'll have more time and budget to hang out with the Dragon Writers, fingers crossed that we'll have our own DW table for 2016!

      Delete
  4. Understood . We were in the Hyatt Exhibitor Floor at entrance to the Comic & Artist Alley. Congrats on your panels....Tom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How on earth did I miss you guys, then? I was around that area for a while between my panels, I don't know how I missed you. Now I feel like an idiot!!

      Delete
  5. Probably because there was a crowd around our table. It was right by the entrance to the comic art gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Probably because there was a crowd around our table. It was right by the entrance to the comic art gallery.

    ReplyDelete