Friday, April 5, 2013

The Writer, the Rewrites, and the Urge to Scream

Excuse me while I let out this looooooooooooooooooooooong siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh....

There was sweat. There were tears. There was a stomach-cramping panic that has been reeking havoc on me for the past month or so, praying that I could get the rewrites done in time for this novel to be ready for the printer and not have to postpone its release date.

But the final round of rewrites are in.

Don't ge me wrong; there is a good kind of stress that helps you focus and makes you give your all to make a story the best it can be. But add on the time crunch (this last round of edits I only received 2 days ago, and then received an e-mail this afternoon that I needed all the corrections made by tonight!!), and the fact I have two literary trade shows to prepare and organize in the next 2 weeks, and how many times this week I messed up in the invoicing department at work because I have been working 14 days straight without a single break, and I am exhausted...

And I apologize for the venting, but in the end it will all be worth it. We are still on schedule for the May release, and hopefully I can start lining up some author events now that we're on track.

But first....

*snooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooore*

No comments:

Post a Comment